UIPM provides facilities for UIPM Students to become a Reliable Diplomat at the International High Level Forum at the United Nations Headquarters, because UIPM is part of the UN ECOSOC and is included in the activities of the United Nations system
HOW TO OBTAIN GROUNDS PASSES AT THE UN HEADQUARTERS IN NEW YORK
REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING UN GROUNDS PASSES IN NEW YORK
Organizations in consultative status with ECOSOC may choose to request annual and/or temporary passes for a maximum of 16 representatives of the organization. The minimum age for requesting passes is 18 years.
A breakdown of the annual passes means:
- A total of 7 annual passes can be requested in any given year;
- The first pass(es) must be designated for either the head or President/CEO of the organization and/or the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO). Please note that unless at least one of these two designations are first approved in our system, no other designations will be approved;
- After the CEO or the CAO or both are designated in the system, they can request annual passes for 5 other representatives of the NGO as additional or main representatives of the organization;
- Annual passes will be valid from 3 January until 31 December 2023.
A breakdown of the temporary passes means:
- A total of 9 temporary passes can be requested in any given year;
- The duration of temporary passes must be at least for 1 month, up to a maximum of 3 months, and valid only during the 2023 calendar year.
All requests for passes must be made online as explained below. Fax, emails to UN staff members and paper requests will not be considered.
Please also note that if a grounds pass request is denied by the NGO Branch, which may be due to incomplete, incorrect or inconsistent information, it is the responsibility of the NGO to re-submit a corrected request online for our approval.